Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just me in this big/little world of mine!

Once upon a time there was this little girl that thought that the world was her castle...happiness was a daily thing..she was young of course nothing evil had touched her yet. But by the time that she was 5 she found out that the world was not what she thought it was.  Things happened in her life that should never happen to a child, and this was going to form the adult that she was to become.

Now at 53 I can honestly say that my life is good. It is not great, but it is good.  I have a job with a company that I have been with for 17 years. I have a life partner that I love with all of my heart. My children are now adults. And they are good kids/adults and are doing wonderful things with their lives. I would like to think  that the mother I was shaped them, but in all reality, I know that this is not true. They shaped themselves (for another blog I think). I have 2 beautiful grandchildren (that I know...yet again for another blog). And they are the sunshine of my life.

My partner has 2 living children, which have had a tough life as well. As my partner has. We share the same kind of past my partner and I.This is one of the things that brings us together and helps us to understand each other. We have a special connection (that sometimes scares her lol) and have been together for 7 years now, and have known each other for about 15 years now...wow time has just flown by.

I am honest to a fault. I love with all that I have to give. I have siblings that I love. My mom is a wonderful woman, and I only hope that someday I will be as strong as she has had to be. I have an amazing step-father that I love, he is my Dad! I have a niece and nephew that I love dearly, and 3 great nephews and 1 great niece that are great kids. And the friends that I do have are amazing and I am lucky to have them.

So some would say that I still have that castle that I had as a little girl, but no, life got in the way! But that again is for another story....and all of my stories combined will explain the person that I have become!

No comments:

Post a Comment